A PC pool is available at the SWZ both for courses with simulation related content and for free use by students.
If the room is not booked for a course, the PC pool is available for free use from Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. The PC pool is located in the SWZ building C9 at Arnold-Sommerfeld-Straße 6 in room 327.
A total of 12 computers are available in the PC pool. 8 of them are equipped with two screens each (24 inch, Full-HD) and 4 with one screen each.
Technical specifications of the computers:
- CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 (4 cores, 8 threads, 3,6 GHz base, 4,2 GHz turbo)
- Graphics: CPU-intern, Intel HD Graphics 630
- RAM: 16 GB
- Storage: 512 GB SSD
- Operating system: Windows 10 and Linux in dual-boot mode
The login to the computers is done via the normal RZ identification. Special authorizations are not required.
A Full-HD beamer with HDMI connection as well as a whiteboard at the front and back of the room are available for lectures. If you are missing pens or HDMI cables, the secretary's office will be happy to help you.
- Wifi is available
- In each of the 4 rows of seats there are 2 electrical outlets for connecting laptops etc. The outlets have additional USB charging ports.
In general, any scientific software that is either available as a campus license at Clausthal University of Technology or is generally open source can be installed in the PC pool. The following programs are already available on the computers (although this list does not claim to be complete):
- Adobe Reader DC
- Ansys 19.0
- Creo 3.0
- Java JRE
- Matlab R2017b
- Mathcad Prime 4.0
- Molecular Workbench
- MS Office 2016
- MS Visual Studio Code
- Texstudio (zzgl. Texlive)